So my soap base finally arrived and I gathered all of my existing supplies:

I have a few scents, some molds, food coloring, the alcohol spray used to remove the bubbles and clarify the soap after molding, as well as a bit of clay and lemongrass and a few other organic additions for adding to the texture of my creations.

My last soap making experience was quite a few years ago and didn't turn out too bad. This time however I was far too excited and didn't plan well resulting in this; my first new attempt at soaping:
As you can see, I made a mess. I attempted a Pumpkin Bar that didn't quite knock my socks off. See the link for the recipe and review. This is where I'm glad the cleanup is easy.

I've made a few lame first attempts out of excitement and now see how crucial planning is. Until I master the techniques again, I need to slow down, make some plans and invest in a few more ingredients. Funny how I remember the good results but managed to forget how long it took to start getting respectable finished products. I'll post my recipes and how they turn out, maybe you can avoid wasting materials from my mistakes but also, maybe we can learn and grow to the point where all of our soap making is a success!

0 comments