Most of the time, living on a tropical island in the Pacific Ocean is pretty wonderful. We have beautiful beaches, wonderful weather and 12 hours of sunshine every single day. There is plenty of time for recreation as we spend almost no time commuting and cooking revolves heavily around the barbecue and your catch from the weekend before.

One of the biggest negatives is our lack of commodities and the amount of time it takes to get anything shipped here. Then there is the problem of certain items just can't be shipped here and the ridiculous number of companies that refuse to ship via the Postal Service. It can be very frustrating.

I'm currently waiting for some new soap bases to arrive, I probably have yet another week to wait but I'll start checking the mail tomorrow with my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of ideas. Some thoughts floating around are tea and citrus and clay type soaps. Some with grated lemon and lime and grapefruit. Possibly some mango and pineapple variations as well. I have a few scented oils but I'll have to smuggle more in my luggage next time I leave the island because that's one of the items that can't come in the mail and I'll probably have to start ordering very large quantities of base to keep me from having to wait when I run out.

Right now I'm trying to decide how to create sailboat soap. Anyone have any ideas?

0 comments