One of the great things about melt and pour soap making is that it doesn't really take up a lot of space. I suppose it could get out of control if you have thousands of molds and scents to store but for casual soap making purposes, all you really need are some drawers for storage and a table to work on.

The main factor on where you actually mix, melt, and pour your ingredients into a finished product is how you melt the base. If you prefer to use the stove, you need for these items to be close to the kitchen or at least easily transportable. If you decide to use a microwave, which is a perfectly acceptable option, you can use just about any space available. Your choice may be focused on ease of cleanup, or ease of use; whatever is most comfortable and convenient for you.

While you may have dyes that can cause a bigger mess, an advantage to soap crafting is the ease of cleanup. Literally, you can apply some water and elbow grease and that's the extent of it. No muss, no fuss.

For my situation, my spare/craft room is upstairs away from the kitchen. I'm hoping to graduate to having my own dedicated microwave for making soap but for now I will be hauling my equipment back and forth to the kitchen. That's ok. It's not heavy and I have a set of plastic drawers
I use for storage so I can just pull out the drawers, make a batch and then put the whole drawer back when I'm done.

One day, I dream of a dedicated crafting space but like most, this is more of a dream than a reality so I'll make due with what I have!

0 comments